Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    No use really giving you all the details, but in short I have to use front page for a site I'm now the webmaster of. Previously it was hanled by someone else I have not talked to nor do I think I will be able to talk to.

I figured out how to get the site downloaded... but now the freakin thing wont let me upload anything. I'm almost certain it has to do with frontpage, it gives me 550 Access Denied when I try it with FTP. When I try uploading it via the "Publish Web" it wont log me in using the same username/password I use to get into the ftp (that works fine) Does frontpage use only one username/password for it's own extensions useage? What do I need to tell the server admin to help me fix this?

Also anyone that knows a lot about frontpage in general Iw ould gladly appreciate it if you would give me your AIM (or aim me at BraksAIM) because I have a few other questions that I may or may not be able to figure out... grr I dislike this program something fierce

I'm working hard trying to convince them to let me re-do the entire site... but we'll see how that goes.

EDIT: I can do anything to this site I want, I have it to myself for the next four years.
    Kyle Neath: Rockstar extraordinare
    The blog | The poetry site | The Spore site

Member #
    hmm see if the host can resync the passwords for your -- normally if you can log into the ftp --you should be able to publish via FP -- depending onthe host --they may have to reset FP extensions -- hope this helps
    Mas
    Gemini-isp.com

Remove Ads