Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: What makes a good site?

Member #
    I think part of the problem might be that the types of sites that use light on dark text are also the kinds of sites that use size 2 font and are hard to read in general (video game, anime, etc. sites), so that style gets associated with hard to read websites.

I also think that light on dark is perceived to be cooler and flashier, so it also attracts a lot of new web designers who are still in their flashy phase, and since they're new and also focusing on aesthetics, it doesn't end up being as readable.

So I think that it's doable, but people just have to take special care that their text is readable.
    Jason

Member #
    i agree that the types of sites that use the light on dark schemes often have very small text, but the sites that do this attract the kind of visitors that like that sort of thing, or who don't mind it.

For me, light on dark is one of the best colour schemes you can get but if the text is small, then that makes in unreadable, no matter what the colour scheme is.

Member #
    I have seen some pretty bad and some pretty good websites out there. The ones that really get me (in a good way) are the ones that are easy to read, don't have too much content on them (unless it is meaningful content), easy and very intuitive navigation, you don't have to click much to get where you want to go, the site does not have too many colors (max 5). That is a good starting point in my opinion.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by pingeyeg
    I have seen some pretty bad and some pretty good websites out there. The ones that really get me (in a good way) are the ones that are easy to read, don't have too much content on them (unless it is meaningful content), easy and very intuitive navigation, you don't have to click much to get where you want to go, the site does not have too many colors (max 5). That is a good starting point in my opinion.

got it in one buddy.

As I posted before in this thread, accessebility and the visual style is the most impotant factor for me.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by marcusgrey
    I'm sorry if I did smth wrong. Thanks.
    In the forum rules it says that you should post in the right forum. For instance, if I had a SEO question, I should post it in the SEO forum, not the PHP section.
    You posted a website rating/review kind of post in the web design forum. The web design forum is for visual design stuff. I can see why you posted in this forum, and if we didn't have the website ratings and reviews forum you would have been posting in the right place.
    But just be careful about posting in the wrong forum, becasue it can get you banned.

I had a look at all your posts and saw that you now have psted in the website ratings and reviews forum.

You you kind of did something wrong but I believe not intentionally. No hard feelings, I just wanted to warn you about posting in the wrong forum, becasue any moderators or adim guys come snooping around they might not like it and they may say BANNED. So just be a little more careful. I'll go to the webstie ratings and reviews forum now and review your site if you want!

Member #
    The design should fit the objective of the website and convert.
    Have a strong call to action.
    Be easy to use use and navigate.
    Use valid xhtml and css
    Load fast
    Optimized for search engines from the ground up.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Pankaj chuphal
    Hi friends I want to know how we make a good site? can you provide some info about it.

Ummm....look at this entire thread and you'll find heaps of help there.

jj1
    Member #
    To me, it's most important that the pictures and text work together to sell the main concept. Also, the slogan should tell people what the site company does why people should use their services/buy from them.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by jj1
    To me, it's most important that the pictures and text work together to sell the main concept. Also, the slogan should tell people what the site company does why people should use their services/buy from them.

Definately, that is a great thing to consider. To add to your point, the sites URL should also tell people what their company does and what it is selling.

Member #
    Good site includes various points like search engine feasibility, navigational structure, attractive and clear menu, good internal links. and much more.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Remove Ads