Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Band site Ideas

Member #
    hey guys and girls.. uhm i have quite a bit of knowledge in web design.. and good software. My mates band have asked me to set up a site.. and i agreed with open arms! just one problem, i am completly lost for ideas.. if anyone could possibly send me a template.. or some ideas it would be most appreciated

Matt x

Member #
    hey again..! not a v. good responce.. if any of u have templates of your own.. that i could mess around with, that would be great aswell!

thanks x

Member #
    Try searching the net for other famous bands that fit into your pal's bands category of music and use that as a stepping stone if you like. Try looking at what is already there, then think about how you would do it differently, what you like and what you don't and how you would replace that things you dislike. Also talk to the band members, see if they have any specific ideas.

Hope this helps a little bit more,
    Daniel.

Member #
    The thing about bands is many people feel that because of the style, or genre of the band, the site needs to be composed of black, and only dark colours. What is your friend's band's genre? Is it rock, or R'n'B for example... As DanielOliver suggests, visit other bands that fall into the same category. An example of a band that a friend designed himself (he rejected my expert help) for his band is at http://www.fluorescentblack.tk. You want to ensure that your site is usable and pleasing to the eye. I don't know of any templates that are particularly suited to bands unfortunately.

justlivyalife - The future depends on what we do in the present. (Mahatma Gandhi)
    WDF Resources: WDF Rules
    Non-WDF: JavascriptSource | Dynamic Drive | phpBB | HTML-Kit | Winamp | Download Firefox | Morguefile

Member #
    hey thanks for the reply! uhm they are a punk rock band..
    i know this is higly unlikely.. but would anyone be interested in helping me out for fun?

Matt x

Member #
    If you need any help then you can give me a shout either by PM or e-mail. I also have msn and AIM. I could give you a little hand here and there but cannot promise full comitment as I have a lot of work to do.

Cheers,
    Daniel.

Member #
    hey, anyone else..? i really need some help.. : ( and i hear (and see) that all u guys are great at design! help me out please?
    i made this graphic..

click here

thanks x

Member #
    There seems to be no graphic there at all?

Member #
    SORRY! wrong link.. should work here

Member #
    Looks ok, what do you need help with though?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Remove Ads