Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Liked
    11 times

[Photoshop] Space Signature, Part 1

In my spare time, or when I'm bored I can sit for ages messing around with Photoshop and it's abilities to make awesome looking forum signatures and other cool things. But the ones I really enjoy are these one I've been making for a while; Space Signatures. I take a picture of, say, a nebulae or a galaxy and then incorporate it into a funky looking font and add some other effects and filters to get this end result:

Okay, so we start with a 1000 x 1000 blank image. This gives us enough space to write out name and a better resize for our image (if it's huge).

Okay, now lets write our name. Select the text tool and write your name in an awesome looking, eroded-type font. You can find lots of fonts like that here: Fancy > Eroded fonts | dafont.com. The font I'm using is called "Plane Crash" and can be downloaded here: Plane Crash Font | dafont.com.

Now this part is all about you and the image you like. I use a site called: Space wallpaper - Free space wallpaper, backgrounds and computer desktops, and this has lots of useful images of outer-space which can be used in your signature. I'm using a purple nebulae: http://www.imgbase.info/images/safe-...032_nebula.jpg. Once you have an image place it into your Photoshop document so it fits all over the text.

Once it's fitted over your text, hold ALT and click in-between the image layer and the text-layer and your image should snap into the picture.

Next Part: [Photoshop] Space Signature, Part 2

Remove Ads