Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    OK, I have never run across this before, and I'm at the end of my wits, so i'd love to get some more opinions

Problem: strange text movement in a table cell
    Browser: Macintosh IE 5.2

Link: http://carle.ianlabs.com/medpro

Look at the left menu column in Mac IE 5.2. there's a huge gap after "REFERRING PATIENTS TO"

There's no reason in the html for that gap. The REALLY strange thing is, when you resize the browser, the gap widens... all of the text below just goes down, down, down. no matter how you resize the browser, in any direction, smaller, larger, etc. just MOVE the drag handle and everything underneath "REFERRING PATIENTS TO" goes down farther and farther, never to return.

Has anyone seen this? what should I do? I've tried a bunch of different ways to format the same text, with no change. It's basically a bunch of spans wrapping inside a table cell.

Member #
    Can you post a screenshot at all?

I don't have a Mac, but if you provide a screenshot users may be able to help you .
    justlivyalife - The future depends on what we do in the present. (Mahatma Gandhi)
    WDF Resources: WDF Rules
    Non-WDF: JavascriptSource | Dynamic Drive | phpBB | HTML-Kit | Winamp | Download Firefox | Morguefile

Member #
    here's a shot of the menu column, showing the big strange gap:
    Attached Images Attached Images

Member #
    I have tried taking out all of the spans... in case it was a css problem, that way it was just floating in the holder table cell... same result.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Fascinating... this grap is right in the middle of your hyperlink text... it's almost as if another object has been dropped into the middle of your menu and the text is wrapping around it...

If you just take that particular section of the page in isolation does the problem still occur?

Sean

Member #
    Hey Sean,
    Let me give that a shot! I'll keep the table around it...

Member #
    looks like the doctype tag fixed it!

Remove Ads