Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hi,

Im trying to get my site to look the same in mozilla/firefox as it does in IE however the bottom section of the page (where the content is) looks a bit messed up in firefox. Could you take a look at my code to see what i can do about it?

http://www.graftersonsite.com/xplatform

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    The reason why its happening is because you are using heights based on percentages and padding/borders, in the same elements. Although it seems like that would not be a problem, mozilla defines the height of an element as its content area, or rather the space that content can occupy, this does not include padding or borders since content cannot go into these areas, so when you specify the height of an element to be 100% of another element but then add padding/borders to it, the element will expand that much more then your height.

As far as how to fix it, honestly you might have to totally reorganize your elements with this in mind..

Member #
    Thanks for the info glakk, i will definately have a play around and try to reorganize everything.

Thanks again

Aaron

Remove Ads