Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Dear All

After months of work and beer, I am at the end of my *******, the site I am working on has until last 2months been tested on 800x600 but after many changes and other stuff, I sort of forgot to retest lol. I have to laugh my self at min.

Could anyone have a wee look and advise the best way of getting it display correctly under 800x600.

http://interact-online.co.uk

Any comments/advice most welcome

Many Thanks

Chris

Member #
    Maybe cut the main logo a bit

If you shaved like 20 or 30 pixels off the main logo bar that spans across the page you could then change the td width to 100 percent instead of pixels. Im not so sure that would work, but if you took away 30 pixels from the main logo bar, and then 30 pixels from the the table cells you would be good to go. You have room to work with in the table, just squeeze it a bit till it works. 30 pixels is just an estimate, your gonna have to tweak it till it looks right. Just make sure you pay attention to how much space you shave off the main bar logo cause youll have to shave the same amount off the table's cells or whatever.

My question is when the hell are people gonna take a hint and realize 800x600 sucks? If new operating systems allowed a minumum of 1024x768 the internet would be a better place.
    Nickhead
    musicpitt.net

Member #
    Firstly, though not everyone agrees with this, I will suggest you beef up the font size to around 10pt/12px because there are many users on much higher resolutions than 1024 by 768 and so the font size is hard to read without their settings being altered. Your navigation moves down on your Coin Slot page for some odd reason too.

If you were not to make the site 100% wide, I would centre it and give it a left and right border

3/5
    justlivyalife - The future depends on what we do in the present. (Mahatma Gandhi)
    WDF Resources: WDF Rules
    Non-WDF: JavascriptSource | Dynamic Drive | phpBB | HTML-Kit | Winamp | Download Firefox | Morguefile

Member #
    Many thanks

Did some shaving and it seems to work on 800x600, I was so happy until I read DDA regulations regarding accessibility.

Back to drawing board and an attempt at 100% ratio:

http://www.interact-online.co.uk/new/

Please do not laugh too much, need to get a decent graphic designer to do some sort of header/banner.

Many Thanks

Chris

Member #
    Your logo image is trying to be found on a local file, on your computer, and the 'clouds' seem to stop in the middle on 1280 x 1024..

Other than that, it seems to be ok...

Ollie
    Hardly the sharpest thing in the drawer.
    Design | Life | Outdoors | Ryukin Radio

Member #
    Many thanks again

I have added some new stuff and its starting to look 1/5 on both 800x600 and 1024 res, for those on 1280x1024 please accept my apologises.

Once many thanks for your comments.

Chris

http://interact-online.co.uk is the new base url

Member #
    Nicer but I still recommend you increase your font-size as it makes it hard to read on larger res's.
    justlivyalife - The future depends on what we do in the present. (Mahatma Gandhi)
    Non-WDF: JavascriptSource | Dynamic Drive | phpBB | HTML-Kit | Winamp | Download Firefox | Morguefile

Member #
    much better.
    Nickhead
    musicpitt.net

Member #
    Something I forgot to mention on my other post was that it would be more search engine friendly to turn your headers such as 'Welcome to the School of Engineering & Computing' into <h1> tags .

Remove Ads