Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    i'm fairly new to web design and i'm working on a personal site right now. i'm using both div's and an i-frame (which is actually inside a div). the problem is that once the content in the i-frame exceeds the height of the div, i get both vertical and horizontal scrollbars; however, i don't want the horizontal scrollbar. is there any way that i can get rid of it? thanks.

go to http://www.breonandre.com/ and click on about at the bottom of the page. once the page loads click on the link that says site. the text at the bottom ("blah") is just what i'm using to test the scrollbars.

Member #
    As long as you don't have anything on the page that is longer than the dimensions of the width then the following should work.

Code:
    <iframe src="" width="" height="" scrolling="auto"></iframe>
    http://www.htmlhelp.com/reference/ht...al/iframe.html - Lists the attributes that're associated with iFrames.

Member #
    Yea, use the code Trico provided or either wrap some of your words to the next line or set all the iframes to a larger width
    --Kevin
    15" MacBook Pro With: Mac OSX 10.4.11(Tiger) 1440x900 Windows XP SP2 3GB RAM 1TB HDD
    kevind_2007--"Never let the fear of striking out get in your way."--Babe Ruth

Links:Firefox Download||Google|| HTML Help||DHTML|| Web Design Terminology||Good-Tutorials

Member #
    it's not the width that's the problem. once i exceed the height of the div, then i get both scrollbars. i tried the methods below and neither worked.

Member #
    Have you tried setting the marginwidth, marginheight and frameborder to '0' ? (see link posted above)

What is 'scrollbar: no;' ... I've never heard of that before, is it possible this might be causing a problem ?

If the dimensions are correct you shouldn't need to apply any overflow controls to the div that isused to contain the iFrame... you'll just have to keep experimenting, I can't see anything that is obviously casuing it.

Member #
    i've tried everything that has been suggested so far as well as anything that i could think of and nothing has worked. now i'm just playing around with stuff hoping something works. if anyone has anymore ideas they would be appreciated. thanks.

Member #
    i figured it out. you have to get rid of the url in the DTD.
    HTML Code:
    <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN"
    "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd">
    which will leave you with:
    HTML Code:
    <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">
    and get's rid of the horizontal scrollbar. thanks for the help.

Remove Ads