Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    I can't get this page to render correctly in Firefox. It looks fine in IE...

It seems all broken apart in Firefox and i can't figure out what it could be.

If anyone could help that would be great!
    http://wideopenwest.com/~tdicicco9988

Member #
    It doesn't really answer your question, but I have found IE,Netscape,Firefox and Opera almost never render the same.certain browsers just don't work with certain CSS commands. I'm by no means a CSS expert though,so if someone could offer more insight on this I would also like to know.
    LooseCannon Design
    Friendly, affordable webdesign.

Member #
    I would pick apart your CSS file completely, as I have learned when Firefox doesn't display code correctly, it is due to an error in your code, or possibly the diferent ways of padding. IE makes up for these minor mistakes, but Firefox does not.
    justlivyalife - The future depends on what we do in the present. (Mahatma Gandhi)
    WDF Resources: WDF Rules
    Non-WDF: JavascriptSource | Dynamic Drive | phpBB | HTML-Kit | Winamp | Download Firefox | Morguefile

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by justlivyalife
    I would pick apart your CSS file completely, as I have learned when Firefox doesn't display code correctly, it is due to an error in your code, or possibly the diferent ways of padding. IE makes up for these minor mistakes, but Firefox does not.

Just to back up the post above; Firefox is W3.org compliant so if it renders properly in that then it should work in the others!

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by diciccod
    I can't get this page to render correctly in Firefox. It looks fine in IE...

It seems all broken apart in Firefox and i can't figure out what it could be.

If anyone could help that would be great!
    http://wideopenwest.com/~tdicicco9988
    HEHE, off-topic but it's killin me to say it. I like your rhyming scheme there..You're a poet and didn't know it..
    --Kevin
    15" MacBook Pro With: Mac OSX 10.4.11(Tiger) 1440x900 Windows XP SP2 3GB RAM 1TB HDD
    kevind_2007--"Never let the fear of striking out get in your way."--Babe Ruth

Links:Firefox Download||Google|| HTML Help||DHTML|| Web Design Terminology||Good-Tutorials

Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Padding, borders, and width, all stack in one, while in the other, it's only width.

Remove Ads