Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    I'm doing some low level work my companies intranet and I have an interesting question.

Essentially the Word and Excel templates are designed to create a NEW document based on the template. Leaving the template intact and unchanged as an original. When I place the template on the web and link to it It pulls up the original template for the person. I don't want it to do this. I want it to function as it should, creating a new document based on the template which is linked on the web page. I want the document to be able to be saved as.... .doc instead of .dot.

Thoughts?

Member #
    Allow me to answer my own question....

The problem is a word or excell 2000 function. This problem has been fixed for both XP and 2003 editions of MS office.

The work around would be to creat a LINK to a shortcut pointing to the original document template. In most cases this will work I'm still testing it.

Remove Ads