Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Having 'nearly' got a handle on HTML, I'm now trying to incorporate CSS in my website. I had trouble getting my external style sheet to work (though a similar one works just fine on my other site) so I put a <style> in the head section of every page and it worked just fine. I wanted it to change colour and underline on hover and it does ..... until..

I recently tried again to lick this external style sheet thing and now have it looking as it should except that the hover only works on new links and won't change or underline on hover on visited sites like it does when the style sheet is in the head (of the other pages.

Here's a link to a page where the links aren't right It should of course link to pages without the rxternal style sheet

http://www.geocities.com/hansmatheso...campiotti.html

And why does Firefox not display some of my images and says they are broken when the coding and the image haven't changed and they show up fine in IE?

Member #
    I don't know if it will fix the problem but your design only needs two sets of rules.

a{...}
    a:hover{....}

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by ceetee
    I don't know if it will fix the problem but your design only needs two sets of rules.

a{...}
    a:hover{....}
    Thanks - I read further down the list of topics and found a post with a similar problem - It seemed to be in the order of the links I cahnged it and it has fixed up that problem

And this morning Firefox is displaying the images so I don't know what the problem was there...

Now to tackle the next problem - the way the red backgrounds on the headings don't show up on my Mac laptop but do on a desktop at work and on my PC at home. When I inserted a DOCTYPE at the top of my page, it disppeared altogether So what's wrong with my CSS?

The relevant code

.HEAD {border: 1px solid #8B170B;

background-color:#8B170B;

FONT-family: Tahoma;

COLOR: #EEE5DE;

text-align: left;font-weight: bold;word-spacing:3px;

letter-spacing:2px}

Remove Ads