Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Ok, I admit that I have absolutely no thorough knowledge as to how to manipulate CSS fully; matter of fact, my knowledge in the field is REALLY limited other than having been lucky a few times with a few codes here and there.
    Question: is there a real simple CSS tutorial on the net ( bit like the Mickey Live Flash MX video tutorials .... (Mickey Live's tutorials)

Yours,
    Fabrice
    www.webolero.com
    Original Web Design

Member #
    I haven't tried it out yet, but I've heard that this was pretty easy, http://css.maxdesign.com.au/
    --Kevin
    15" MacBook Pro With: Mac OSX 10.4.11(Tiger) 1440x900 Windows XP SP2 3GB RAM 1TB HDD
    kevind_2007--"Never let the fear of striking out get in your way."--Babe Ruth

Links:Firefox Download||Google|| HTML Help||DHTML|| Web Design Terminology||Good-Tutorials

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    There are alot of good tutorials on css on the web, but they mostly teach only syntax or give short tutorials on the subject. They dont explain why they are done a certin way. And I think that is the most important and first thing that must be taught in order for you to fully understand what CSS is trying to accomplish. There has been only one reference that I have found that hits this right on the head, Designing CSS Web Pages by Christopher Schmitt.

If you read the reviews many of them are unfortunatly negative. Many people expect this book to give indepth examples and syntax tutorials on how to write css, and this book does not do that. This book is not ment to teach you css. What this book does, is it clarify what exactly are you accomplishing by using css.

I wrote a review for this book back in september explaining that this book was a perfect primer on the subject of CSS, and I still feel that today, and I have read alot of books on the subject. After you have read this book you can move onto other books like eric myer on css. This is a great walk-through/case study book where you can see projects being taken apart. Again not so much a tutorial book but a perfect learning tool. These two books will get your mind in the right direction on how to approach css projects so when you do learn the more technical aspects, it will be absorbed much easier.

Member #
    Here you go http://www.htmlhelp.com/reference/css/ - it's fifth down the list in Google with 'css'

Member #
    Liked
    137 times
    The Rules
    Was another WDF member's post helpful? Click the like button below the post.

Admin at houseofhelp.com

Member #
    Many many thanks to all of you. I feel like a bride who's just had her wedding list filled up!
    Great forum to be in!
    Again,
    Thanks
    F
    www.webolero.com
    Original Web Design

Member #
    Liked
    137 times
    Quote Originally Posted by webolero
    Many many thanks to all of you. I feel like a bride who's just had her wedding list filled up! Great forum to be in!
    Guess that explains your avatar Welcome to the site!
    The Rules
    Was another WDF member's post helpful? Click the like button below the post.

Admin at houseofhelp.com

Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    "having been lucky a few times with a few codes here and there..."

haha, I hate it when people say "codes", they make it sound like video games. Not that there's anything wrong with video games..

Good luck!

Remove Ads