Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    In my design I am keeping some portions on top and left & bottom portion static and remaining contents inside a FRAME so that it can be scrolled.

When I put the contents into the frame I expected only the exiting web browser scroll bar to adjust to the portions i have inserted frame. However, one more vertical scroll bar (DOUBLE SCROLL BAR)is displayed.

I want only the original web browser scroll bar(single scroll bar) for framed contents. Please advice me how to implement this.

Member #
    Maybe you need to set the dimensions of the frame so that text/images or whatever can't go beyond that? Maybe if you gave us a screenshot it would be easier to understand.
    --Kevin
    15" MacBook Pro With: Mac OSX 10.4.11(Tiger) 1440x900 Windows XP SP2 3GB RAM 1TB HDD
    kevind_2007--"Never let the fear of striking out get in your way."--Babe Ruth

Links:Firefox Download||Google|| HTML Help||DHTML|| Web Design Terminology||Good-Tutorials

Member #
    Screen shot for Doube Vertical Scroll Bar Problem

Quote Originally Posted by kevind_2007
    Maybe you need to set the dimensions of the frame so that text/images or whatever can't go beyond that? Maybe if you gave us a screenshot it would be easier to understand.

I am attaching the screen shot and describing the problem again.

I want portion of my page in a frame. I expected only the existing browser scroll bar to adjust vertically to the contents which are inside frame. However, a seprate scroll bar is displayed for the contents which are inside frame.

Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    I'm having trouble understanding your question because of your english. I'm sorry!

Member #
    Please don't double post.

Member #
    Do you have the "main" portion of your page in a frame/table? It looks as if it does. The main portion is the right side of the page, where all your information is. I think that is your problem.
    --Kevin
    15" MacBook Pro With: Mac OSX 10.4.11(Tiger) 1440x900 Windows XP SP2 3GB RAM 1TB HDD
    kevind_2007--"Never let the fear of striking out get in your way."--Babe Ruth

Links:Firefox Download||Google|| HTML Help||DHTML|| Web Design Terminology||Good-Tutorials

Remove Ads