Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    I am not sure whether i have articulated clearly the problem.

Please have a look at my screen shot zip file. As you can see, the top menu area, left menu area and bottom menu area are static.(They do not scroll). Only the contents of the chosen menu item is scrollalbe. So it is put inside a frame. I expected only the browser,s scroll bar to be active for this framed contents. Instead an explicit scroll bar is displayed for this scrollable frame contents.

I do not want seperate scroll bar for this. Only the browser scroll bar to act for the framed contents. How to do it? Please help me...

Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    You don't want the frame to have a scroll bar and you want the browser's scrollbar to control the content in the frame?

I know you would need javscript, if this is even possible.

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    well if you put it in a frame and the text is taller then the alloted space for the frame, it is going to scroll.. There is not much you can do about that. Whats happening is your frame set(the html document with your frame structuer) is larger then the size of the browser, so the default browser scroll bars appear.. then the content frame inside your frameset is shorter then the content you want to put in it, so those appear also. The only remedy is to come up with another layout scheme for your page.

And might I also add to try and avoid using frames all together.

Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    You don't need to have scrollbars for frames, you can turn them off through a tag.

Also, the best way to do it would probably be with scrolling/overflowing divs. This way the javascript would/could probably maniupulate the div to your liking.

Remove Ads