Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hello there everyone,

I have just started using dreamweaver mx 2004 and I have been asked to update a web site for someone (first job).

The problem is there are a few forms on the web site which i can't see when I am in design view of dreamweaver. I can see the code for it and when I execute the page, the form is available

Its just not available to edit in design view.

Can anyone help with this obvious noob question ?

thanks

Jezzo

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    i am not sure why you can't see them... but can you just edit the code? is there a reason why you must see them in design view?
    also, can you put the html doc somewhere so i can try it? (i also have dreamweaver)
    choosy developers choose gif!
    website | paintings | blog

Member #
    Thanks Raspberry,

Yep I can edit the code but really would like to alter this in design view. You can access this at the following address http://www.vwa.co.uk/enquiries.html - I will be taking over the maintenance of the site soon any help would be most welcome

Obvoiusly you will be able to download the page and open it in dreamweaver

Thanks again

Jezzo

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    okay well i've definitely figured out the problem - and it is going to be a pain to fix. whoever coded all these nested tables did a horrible job of it, and all of the tags are messed up. i mean, there are <> tags without </> closing tags, and it is just crazy. i will try to fix it for you... but if you want, open it up in dreamweaver... look at the source code... fix all of the indents, and you will see that the beginning and ending tags don't match up. if you fix those, then you will be able to see your table in the design window.

let me know what happens.

heather
    choosy developers choose gif!
    website | paintings | blog

Remove Ads