Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: Frame Question

Member #
    My goal is to apply a frame to just the personnel page on my site, no other pages.

After adding the frame to the personnel page--when I leave the it and go to another page (the left frame has the menu), the right frame stays.

What do I do to fix this problem?

Thanks.

Member #
    need a little more information. is the left frame consistent through out the site? It sounds like you have to add target="_top". Let me know a bit more information, and i will try to help.
    Best Regards,
    Brian Samson
    bsamson ([<at>]) nnyemail.com

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by bnsonline
    need a little more information. is the left frame consistent through out the site? It sounds like you have to add target="_top". Let me know a bit more information, and i will try to help.
    the right frame is consistent through out--but i don't want it to be, that is my problem. i only want it on one page.

i only have a left and right frame, no top frame. i want the right frame to be static and the left frame is the target main.

i am beginner, sorry if i am not being very detailed.

please let me know if you need more info.

thanks for replying.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    hey,

well it sounds like your other pages are just going to be regular html pages, no frames, right? and this page you are talking about will be different from the others b/c it will have frames - a menu on the left in a frame, and a right frame? well, just do the "target='_top'" like bnsonline said... if you want the links in the left from of this page to link to a regular page w/ no frames. do it like:
    <a href="blah.html" target="_top">blah</a>
    choosy developers choose gif!
    website | paintings | blog

Remove Ads