Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hello guys,
    I was wondering if I could call on your help.
    Ive been putting a site together and am boggled by the fact that in one row of the table I have inserted, the background for it isnt working. Also the layout has a big gap in it, even though when I made it (In dreamweaver) it is all nice and tight to each other. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    do you have a link to the page, so we can check it out?
    choosy developers choose gif!
    website | paintings | blog

Member #
    Liked
    138 times
    Are all of the other rows in the table fine? Also don't forget that Dreamweaver is not exactly a web server. It can (and will) display things wrong, even with the latest version.

raspberryh hit it on the head, to truly help you out we will need to see the site itself, or at the least, the code behind it.
    The Rules
    Was another WDF member's post helpful? Click the like button below the post.

Admin at houseofhelp.com

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by raspberryh
    do you have a link to the page, so we can check it out?
    Sorry, it is..

http://www.deanclacketttortoises.com/default.htm

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    well, i did find one extra table row that makes the big space b/w the nav and the lizard pic. There is a row with nothing in it - take that out.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    okay, now after you take out that empty row, there will still be a little space - but notice that if you resize the browser and make it smaller, the space disappears. b/c you have your table height at 100%, and you don't have any cells that don't have a height so that they can take up the extra space. you should use the cell that has all that text, the one with a height of 97, and just take out the specified height, so that it does not have a specified height. that way, it can eat up the extra space from the 100% high table.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    and for your bg that isn't showing - is it the bg that should be behind the logo? if so, i don't think that you have that file in the folder. i don't know, i could be wrong... check it out though. and, attached is the file after i made those changes i told you about.

Member #
    Hello,
    Thanks alot for the explanation, some of it I didn't understand so I was very grateful for the htm file you attached. Where the navigation is (Home | Available | Photos | Contact) there should be a background for that row. The background should be this: (see attachment)

It is linked rightly, but really dont understand why it isnt showing :dead: Any further help is just as appreciated as you have been :classic:
    Attached Images Attached Images

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    hey,

it's b/c you had the background declared in the table ROW, instead of the cell! did you do it with dreamweaver? dreamweaver does that to me every once in awhile too

attached is the updated html file if you need it!

heather

Member #
    Hello, yes I did it in Dreamweaver...i hate relying on programs...thanks a bunch :classic:

Remove Ads