Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    I use sidebars on my page to give links to related things. I use iframes to put up these sidebars so that I can change the sidebar only once and have the whole page change. However, some pages aren't as long physically as the sidebar, but since the sidebar is in a frame, some of the information is lost. Is there a way to make the page as big as whatever is bigger, the main page, or the iframe.
    And now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
    www.delsquacho.com

Member #
    The solution is to set the height of the sidebar to be 100%.

But you shouldn't use frames. You shouldn't use tables either. You want XHTML. You should be using <div> and CSS. That's how www.kidslitquiz.com works. Check it out, I had that problem, by using position in the CSS I sorted it out.

My HTML document is
    <div id="navbar">navbar etc</div>
    <div id="main">main content etc</div>

Then my CSS is
    #navbar {position: fixed;left: 0px;width: 204px;vertical-align: top;height: 100%;}
    #main {position: absolute;left: 204px;top: 0px;}

By using position: absolute; the page looks absolutely awesome in CSS 2 supporting browers, such as Firefox, because as the main <div> moves, the navbar <div> stays where it is. But unlike Javascript bodges, it's so smooth.

As for changing the sidebar across the site, just use a decent HTML editor. You need something with the powerful "find and replace" across all documents. Editplus (www.editplus.com), is what I use.

Remove Ads