Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    On the site i am currently coding, i need to have it so that i can have a big contents box on the left and a smaller one on the right. The only way that i have been able to do that so far is by having one big table with two tables in it, this however causes loads of problems because the content is dynamic and so when there is more content in one of the two tables it then moves the other table down ith it so it leave a big gap at the top..... Is there anyway to do this so i an have different sizes of content in each table? Picture should clarify what i mean...

well it seems for the time being i have solved my problem... all i did was add valign="top" to each of the tables and it has solved my problem. Feel free to delete if you want, sorry about that....
    Attached Images Attached Images

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by rrrccc
    On the site i am currently coding, i need to have it so that i can have a big contents box on the left and a smaller one on the right. The only way that i have been able to do that so far is by having one big table with two tables in it, this however causes loads of problems because the content is dynamic and so when there is more content in one of the two tables it then moves the other table down ith it so it leave a big gap at the top..... Is there anyway to do this so i an have different sizes of content in each table? Picture should clarify what i mean...

well it seems for the time being i have solved my problem... all i did was add valign="top" to each of the tables and it has solved my problem. Feel free to delete if you want, sorry about that....

you could do it the way you are doing...but have you ever thought about using CSS?? that would make it more precise and you could make it look awesome while still having full control over your code. Your main HTML code with also be cleaner...

so have you thought about CSS??
    Thanks,
    Drew

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    yes, the valign=top is a simple and easy solution.
    choosy developers choose gif!
    website | paintings | blog

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by raspberryh
    yes, the valign=top is a simple and easy solution.
    seems like we keep finding each other on the forums and having out own views...haha...its all good
    Thanks,
    Drew

Member #
    yeah i thought about CSS but i really don't know how to code it... is it easy to do?

Member #
    CSS?

Quote Originally Posted by rrrccc
    yeah i thought about CSS but i really don't know how to code it... is it easy to do?
    its fairly easy....concepts might be a little hard to grasp...

but if you take the time with it, it could really help you in the long run, seriously.

you could search google on css, and you could also try going to w3 schools and learn some (free).

visit http://www.w3schools.com

have fun and ask for help if any is needed...
    Thanks,
    Drew

Remove Ads