Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    I have a frameset with a fixed top and fixed bottom. The page that is displayed in the middle has a horizontal scrollbar....that I dont want!!!

Ive inserted a table on the main page that is 735 pixels wide(centered).
    I have a header in the topFrame that is 780 pixels wide. This frame doesnt have a horizontal scrollbar, but the main page that has a table smaller than the topFrame has the stupid horizontal scrollbar.

How do i get rid of the horizontal scrollbar? Theres nothing to scroll to, so why is it there?

any help will be appreciated
    Jason Bagley

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by jbagley
    I have a frameset with a fixed top and fixed bottom. The page that is displayed in the middle has a horizontal scrollbar....that I dont want!!!

Ive inserted a table on the main page that is 735 pixels wide(centered).
    I have a header in the topFrame that is 780 pixels wide. This frame doesnt have a horizontal scrollbar, but the main page that has a table smaller than the topFrame has the stupid horizontal scrollbar.

How do i get rid of the horizontal scrollbar? Theres nothing to scroll to, so why is it there?

any help will be appreciated
    Jason Bagley
    do you have the code so that i can see how it is doing this??

if you can get me the code, i can help.
    Thanks,
    Drew

Member #
    I relised why it is doing this. When the page becomes to long and a vertical scrollbar appears, it "squashes" the page by 10 pixels or so(the size of the vertical scrollbar) and thats why the horizontal scrollbar appears.

So in essence what is happening is when the vertical scrollbar appears, the horizontal scrollbar wants to scroll because there is space taken up by the vertical scrollbar....

Does this help?

Jason

Member #
    I relised why it is doing this. When the page becomes to long and a vertical scrollbar appears, it "squashes" the page by 10 pixels or so(the size of the vertical scrollbar) and thats why the horizontal scrollbar appears.

So in essence what is happening is when the vertical scrollbar appears, the horizontal scrollbar wants to scroll because there is space taken up by the vertical scrollbar....

Does this help?

Jason
    yea...you probably have extra "whitespace".

what is happening is you have either whitespace or you have a <br /> or <p> tag of some sort that is cause you to have more space than there really is...cause a scrollbar to appear.

you said u are using frames?? if so in the index file there is the <frame> tag...try giving it an attribute of scrolling=no

ex.
    HTML Code:
    <frame scrolling="no">
    do you have a link to the example so i may look at it?? this would really help me...ill be here to answer ure questions til the problem is resolved.
    Thanks,
    Drew

Member #
    there are 3 frames - top, bottom and main frame. which frames source do you need or do u need the frameset's source?

I tried that frame scrolling="no". Didnt work.

let me know.

Jason

Member #
    there are 3 frames - top, bottom and main frame. which frames source do you need or do u need the frameset's source?

I tried that frame scrolling="no". Didnt work.

let me know.

Jason
    i need both...cause i need to see ure content on ure main page...then i need to see how you have your frames set up.

question...why are you using frames anyway?? yes please sent me that information.
    Thanks,
    Drew

Member #
    Oh ja, another thing, I do want a vertical scrollbar. If the page is long then you must be able to scroll. But when the page becomes too long(not too wide) then the horizontal bar appears.

All I want is a vertical to appear, not a horizontal...

Jason

Member #
    ok heres the main page, top and bottom and frameset...

Member #
    Hey drew,

listen, im off home now. I dont know what time it is in the states. Im in South Africa. I will be back here tomorrow.... in about 15/16 hours. I dont know what time it makes it there. Anyway, I hope to find a solution tomorow. C u then....

Cheers

Jason

Member #
    Hey drew,

listen, im off home now. I dont know what time it is in the states. Im in South Africa. I will be back here tomorrow.... in about 15/16 hours. I dont know what time it makes it there. Anyway, I hope to find a solution tomorow. C u then....

Cheers

Jason
    sounds good...right now its 9:52 AM...yea ill get workin on this...thanks and take care...
    Thanks,
    Drew

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads