Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    This is sort of html related. I have been working on a website for the past few months, and it works perfectly fine on my Windows XP IIS server. Today I uploaded my website to www.1asphost.com, and it has been nothing but a pain in the *** to get working right.

The problem is I use syntax like this for my IIS server.
    Ex.

<link rel="stylesheet" href="/logo.css" type="text/css" />
    <link rel="stylesheet" href="/indexstyle.css" type="text/css" />

notice the "/" before the name of the file. This indicates to look for the file on the root directory. I use these two style sheets on all my webpages, some of which are a few directories down, so it points to the root, and loads it up. The asp host can't handle this, and only works when I remove the "/", which is alright for files in the same directory as the style sheets but messes everything up for ones that are not.

The second problem is I use syntax like this
    Ex.

<!-- For Overall Layout, and Menu modify the files listed below -->
    <!--#include file="../../logo.asp"-->
    <!--#include file="../../header.asp"-->
    <!-- End -->

Notice the ../../ is used to tell the file to look two directories up, and load up that file. I use include file so I only have to edit those files if I want to change some overall appearence of my site. The asp provider does not allow the ../ syntax for some reason.

What would you guys recommend I do? Will I encounter these problems with every ASP provider I find? Any help is appreciated.

Remove Ads