Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hate to keep bringing this up, but with css exact positioning in dreamweaver. I have a table set to 100% width. But when I select the <td> and put
    Code:
    style="position:relative;"
    , and insert a layer into the <td>, it only works if i set the absolute positioning in percentages.

This, obviously is no good. Because if put something at 50% the width of my screen (1024 x 768), then it's not going to look the same on a 1280 x 1024 screen!

However, if I set the table size in pixels, then it works if I set the absolute positioning in pixels, but with %, the absolute positioning only works in %.

My basic question is how can I make it so I can have a 100% width table, but use pixels for the exact positioning?

I hope you understand what I mean and can help me and I know I keep bringing this subject up and I apologise for that but I really need to get it sorted.
    Rednerve
    Creative Freelance Design

Member #
    I'm not sure what you mean. Are you trying to position the table?

Member #
    Whay are you using tables? It would be easier to use DIVs and position them using CSS.

AFAIK if you use percentages your layout will not be exactly positioned because if the user resizes their browser window the position will change relative to the set percentage.

Member #
    I am positioning my DIVs with CSS. What I'm saying, is how come I can't position them using pixels instead of percentages. Is it coz my layout is in %?
    Rednerve

Member #
    I take it you want to position your DIVs absolutly?

Member #
    No, I can do that! It's just that, my layout is in percentages. I know how to position them absolutely in layouts, but whenever I position them (and set the co-ordinates in pixel amounts) they dont exact position. However, if I set the positioning in percentage amounts then it works fine.

Is this just because my layout is in percentages and so my positioning needs to be as well?
    Rednerve

Remove Ads