Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Go easy, I'm new to this. I have a site that the owner is requesting the music to continue playing as visitors browse the pages.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Not something I'd recommend, personally... guaranteed to upset some visitors...

If they really want music you could do with offering visitors a "music on" and "music off" button in a prominent position.

Sean

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    if you are doing the website completely in html, then to have it play throughout their entire website experience, i'd say you'd probbly have to get a little creative and have your index.html homepage have ONLY an iframe with the entire site in it, and also the code you need to play your music. that way, they are always on the original index.html page but they can navigate through the site, going to different pages, but still ultimately in the index.html page.
    and as far as having the music in the site, it is not always a bad thing, sometimes background music can enhance a site a little. anyways, you should ALWAYS have a way that the user can turn the music off/on, and it's even better if you have a volume bar so that they can turn the volume of the music down without having to mess with their speakers. the best way to do this is just to have a little flash file that consists of your buttons for playing the music, stopping it, and the volume bar (if you choose to have one). you can probbly find a lot of different flash files with this stuff at www.flashkit.com.

let us know if you have any more questions!
    heather
    choosy developers choose gif!
    website | paintings | blog

Member #
    There's an example here of how to make a (really annoying) frameset that contains an invisible frame holding the player, and a second frame that holds whatever page you want to load.

That way, the music continues playing across multiple pages with the player hidden in the background.
    S. Rosland

Member #
    my band web site does this. I made it YEARS ago though. I would probabaly use IFRAMES or Flash today.
    http://www.SmokehouseBand.com

Member #
    I think there are a multitude of different ways to accomplish this- the 2 questions are: what format is this music, and do you want users to be able to select the tracks?
    SolTyra, Inc.

IM: SolTyra
    EM: tom@soltyra.com

Member #
    My brother and I have just completed work on an MP3 player that I gladly give away for FREE because I made it just to see if it could be done. It's draggable (inside the browser) and has options for framed web pages where it will continually reapear and not skip the music if you go to another page. You can check it out here:
    http://www.metalblend.com

Remove Ads