Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    ok I have a problem, I recently made a new layout for my site (http://dollieaddiction.net) and I like it and all but I have had a few people tell me that the text gets cut off on the right hand side, only problem is I use Safari and dont see it, all the people who see it use the latest version of IE and I dont have the lastest version cause I have a mac and its not released for macs. Anyway i was hoping that someone could look at it see if it is happening and possible tell me how to fix it. I am using css and tables...

Member #
    It looks ok to me, except that it cuts off if the resolution is low.
    You have the table tag as
    Code:
    <table id="Table_01" width="800" height="181" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0">
    If you changed it to a percentage, it would shrink accordingly to the resolution...
    HeaphyDesigns .:: Functionality over Design

Member #
    ...</head>
    <!-- ImageReady Slices (me3a.gif) -->
    <table id="Table_01" width="800" height="181" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0">
    <tr>
    <td colspan="12">...
    You will want to alter the width of the main table so it's no bigger than 760 pixels. Some argue you can get away with 780, but this hasn't always been true for me in the past.

Most browsers (atleast on a pc's) preminently include a scrollbar even if the page cannot be scaled so you need to take the space it would take up into account.

(see attached image at the end of this post)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Member #
    thanks guys, I'll let you know if it fixes the problem...

Remove Ads