Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    I have designed a website using layers in a Table so that it can be scrollable. Apparently when someone is using IE on a PC the layer overlaps the content of the site on the right handside. When I view it on my Mac using both IE and Netscape everything is where is should be.
    I don't know what to do since I can't see the problem. The site is http://www.koscup.gr/uk/site/index_eng_nn.htm
    Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

Member #
    That's very strange. I just viewed your site in Firefox, looks fine. in I.E. though, the center layer is actually over to the right a good 100-150 pixels, but it's the right size.

Help you any?

- Chris
    -----------------------------------------------
    I know just enough to be dangerous to myself and others around me... I'm more of a CSS kamikaze than a CSS ninja...

Member #
    Yeah that is what my pc users are telling me. is it covering the content? I can't figure out what to do. I am a visual designer and code can be overwhelming for me. I am not familiar with CSS...I am just learning.

Member #
    Here's what I.E. Sees

And Now I ahve to go to bed Hope this helps you some.

- Chris
    -----------------------------------------------
    I know just enough to be dangerous to myself and others around me... I'm more of a CSS kamikaze than a CSS ninja...

Member #
    Thanks.. I figured it out. If anyone is interested... I had place a DIV in a table.I gave it a position: relative and position: absolute for the DIV. The problem was that I specified the amount in pxs from the left and it was positioning it 150 left from the table it was in and not the page (as it looked visually). Does that make sense? So it then in turn moved it that amount from the table. The simple solution was to take out the value for that. And it works!!

I hope that this will help anyone else with the same problem.

Remove Ads