Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    I'm using shtml - one common include for navigation at top of each (second level) page.

I've just noticed that in my included table the empty cells I've set to 100% width to fill the right of the screen are cut off. This creates a stepped difference with the main content of each page if user scrolls right.

This page is the worst offender:
    http://www.goldenlandarch.com/gods.shtml

Any clues how to fix this?

Member #
    your header table is not connected to your content table. the header table is at 100%, your content is just pushing "past" 100% via the scrollbar.

a number of fixes. i'd suggest making the tables into one with lots of wonderful nested tables. this will proabably take a while though. maybe you could fake it. put a div around the whole shebang and put a background image in to fake the continuation of the brows. on second thought this may take even more work. heh...

Member #
    Here's a real quick fix if you can live with it:

Load up your page in an editor and get to line number 161. Find this snippet:
    src="images_index/spacer.gif" width="106" height="32"

Change width="106" to something like width="75"

On my 1024 x 768 resolution, that change prevents the photos from pushing past your header table. This will probably not fix it for users with smaller resolutions. The best way is to do what TimeBandit suggested.

Member #
    thanks for your input, folks

I fixed it by putting everything into one big ol' table.

It didn't take long, timebandit, just adding table and row/cell tags top and bottom.

peace on

Remove Ads