Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hello all, this is my first post, and I hope someone can help a guy in need out.

I have recently been experimenting with NetObjects Fusion 8.0, and all was perfect until the other day, when I noticed Errors in the HTML after publishing. I am a bit rusty with writing HTML code, so could some nice person tell me what has went wrong with these pages? I suspect it has something to do with the javascript command for rollovers, as the pages used to have a fly-out sub menu under 'Portfolio'. I have tried disabling the fly-out menu, but it has not solved the problem. I don't know what's happened, as the page worked perfectly last week.

Anyway, take a look and tell me where you think it's went wrong, or if you know of a problem in the NetObjects program, enlighten me.

The site in question is under a test domain just now, http://www.mcinnes.e7even.com and I would like to get it back up to its proper domain sometime in the next week or so.

Any help appreciated,

Joe :rambo:

Member #
    It would help to know what the actual problems you are experiencing are? The W3C Validator is always a good start for errors in coding html.

Member #
    Also why bother with javascript rollovers? CSS could do that just as easily (its just text) and with less bandwidth.

Member #
    I don't really know how to do CSS rollovers, is there a way to get fly-out submenus with CSS?

And when I validated the page, I had 17 errors, even though I have since got rid of the 'Errors on page' Dialog in IE. The page claims my site is not HTML 4.0 Transitional. Could this be a problem with NetObjects Fusion? Should I try Dreamweaver instead?

The results of the W3C validation can be found here : http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=ww...endesign.co.uk

Any feedback on how to fix it, as NetObjects Fusion has a habit of automatically repairing edited html to what it generates?

Once again, any help appreciated.

Joe

Member #
    The validation results are pretty self-explanatory. You just need to go into the code itself and fix the errors by hand. No wysiwyg editor is perfect.

What browsers are you coding for? Your prog is injecting what looks like code to handle IE4 and NN4, which if you keep that in there it's never going to validate. Topmargin, leftmargin, ilayer, etc.

Remove Ads