Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    I have a form created that allows users to upload documents. What I would like, is when the document is uploaded, it goes into a specified directory. Nothing else is needed to be done with the file, so I don't need any scripts to process anything. Getting it into this directory on the Web Server is my problem. I don't know how to do that. Below is my source code for the form. Can someone give me some tips on how I get the file to upload into the directory? The path where I want the documents to be uploaded to is: https://10.36.72.252/Documents/PFW Thanks.

<form>
    <p>
    Personal Firewall Deployment Questionnaire
    </p>
    <p>
    Please browse to the location of the Questionnaire to upload:

<input type="file" name="datafile" size="40">
    </p>
    <p>
    <input type="submit" value="Send">
    </p>
    </form>

Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    you'll need php, asp or perl/cgi to achieve that. does your webhost support one of those?

then it's just a matter of making the script the will enable you to upload the file to the specific dir.
    [a web design portfolio - Currently NOT AVAILABLE for work | web design | Re-coding | PSD-to-HTML]
    I'm also on: virb - facebook - twitter - flickr - del.icio.us

Member #
    Be careful with malicous scripts and viruses when allowing people to upload any doc to your site. Have good validation.

Remove Ads