Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Does anyone know how to make a box element's borders include any floated elements inside it. Look at how the news post icons extend outside their containing divs at http://magnetrobotics.com. Of course, I can pad the containing div out, but then there is an ugly overly large padding.

Thanks

Member #
    I don't understand what you're saying really. What do you mean by "how to make a box element's borders include any floated elements inside it". What does it correlate to?
    "the news post icons" is this "the new posts' icons", or do the have certain news-posts? (postings with news in them)?

Member #
    Well I have already fixed the problem on that site (though not yet to my complete satisfaction). What used to be happening was if the news post icon (I'm not sure what your question about them was, I'm referring to the icons next to each news article on the front page) would extend outside the borders of its containing div because the image was floated inside the box. Apparently, the solution is to do the somewhat ugly hack of creating an empty div in side the container and setting it to "clear: left;" so that it is placed below any floated elements and expands the parent box to include it (and consequently the floated image above it). Now, the problem is Internet Explorer seems to be adding a lot more space for this empty box than Firefox is so it ends being more blank space than I like.

Member #
    Use the box model hack for that. Great it worked, cya m8.

Remove Ads