Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hi, I don't know if this is the right place but here it goes.

I made a contact page in FrontPage 2000 but I don't know how to make it actually function. I don't know what it is that I need to do to make it send the info to an email. Is there an easy way to make it work or is there an easy alternative other then just a link that opens an email from the defualt mail client? Thanks for any help.

Member #
    What I think you're trying to do is use forms with just normal HTML, if I'm right then you've just got a bunch of boxes that don't actually send anything to the server when you press send. Unfortunately you'll need to use either JavaScript or SSP (Server Side Programming) to get them to be functional.

Have a search for 'Email Forms' on HotScripts.com (or similar) to see if there's anything there that'll work for you.

Member #
    You are quite correct. I knew that it required something on the server but I didn't know what or how to implement it. I'll check out the site you referenced. Thanks for the info.

Member #
    if you have php server, http://www.karinne.net/scripts/?s=3

note = save the form file as something.php, not .htm as i found out.
    also place files in same directory

Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    hmmm... the page that contains the form doesn't have to be a .php file?!? the script yes... but not the form.
    [a web design portfolio - Currently NOT AVAILABLE for work | web design | Re-coding | PSD-to-HTML]
    I'm also on: virb - facebook - twitter - flickr - del.icio.us

Remove Ads