Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Page in question: http://www.fullmanator.com/journal

It's using a dynamic include for the header and footer, so whatever changes I make to the header or footer, and of course, CSS, immediately reflects sitewide.

There is a strange 1px shift to the left.

The border of the site is a centered background, with the inner section 770 pixels wide, inside the two dark blue lines. I'm pretty sure everything inside it is indeed 770 pixels.

The obvious bug is that the sidebar content should not be covering the 1px line of the bar to the left of it, that shows that it's overlapping.

It's not the code inside the sidebar, because when I commented it out, the bug was still there.

It appears as if this bug is IE (PC) specific, though Mozilla/Firefox showed the error a few versions back. I don't remember what it was that fixed it as this bug wasn't visually apparent in this manner until I already went too far. (oops) :cry:

I'm quite lost on this, I've been staring at it for about a day now, after sleeping over it even.

Perhaps fresh eyes will quickly find the problem. TIA for anyone's help! :squareeyed:

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    This is due to an odd/even background image issue. Either make all your background images even, or odd. Should fix it!
    Kyle Neath: Rockstar extraordinare
    The blog | The poetry site | The Spore site

Member #
    I don't think so....

When the background image was exactly 770 pixels and one color, it still didn't match up. The tables are exactly 770 pixels, or are supposed to be according to their table widths, and it doesn't match up...

The strange thing, is half the site lines up, the other half doesn't. :\

The background image is even, 800 pixels wide:

Left: 15px
    Middle: 770px
    Right 15px

Member #
    Liked
    138 times
    What about margins and the other spacers in a table? They may be messing with it.
    The Rules
    Was another WDF member's post helpful? Click the like button below the post.

Admin at houseofhelp.com

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Wired
    What about margins and the other spacers in a table? They may be messing with it.
    Not using any spacers (at all). Margins for the most part are set to 0, they shouldn't be affecting it like this at all.

Member #
    Closing this question as I have moved on to another layout.

Remove Ads