Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    I have my links on the left in a single column with the whole page as a table. In this single column, I have a nice looking marble background and it's seemless (I forget the proper term) so that no matter how long the rest of the page might expand the column, it wraps . . . seemlessly.

My problem is, with a <p> and </p>, the double-spacing between the links takes one of the links past IE's window when maximized at 800 x 600, so it would be easy for a novice computer user (of which I think most of the visitors will probably be) running 800 x 600 (which I'm pretty sure most novices run) to never even see that last link.

If I switch to <br> between each link, it's just far too scrunched together.

And if I were to make that column split with rows for each link, I can't get my 431 pixel high background graphic wrapping itself down the page (or can I?)

Here's a link for a quick glance at the page:

http://www.coteprovencal.com/index.html

How can I get my links a little bit closer together but still retain the wrapping of my background?
    ~ mikeycorn
    With over 72,000 questions worth of user submitted quizzes, it's the world's most popular quiz creation software:
    PEST - The Personal Exam Self-Tester

Member #
    Easy we can use CSS for this.... Im getting the code for you, give it a sec....

Member #
    Ok, add this to your CSS file:
    Code:
    p {
    margin-top: 5px;
    margin-bottom:5px;
    }
    adjust the pixels as you see fit. Try it with 5px and then see...

Member #
    You could also use
    HTML Code:
    line-spacing: 135%
    justlivyalife - The future depends on what we do in the present. (Mahatma Gandhi)
    WDF Resources: WDF Rules
    Non-WDF: JavascriptSource | Dynamic Drive | phpBB | HTML-Kit | Winamp | Download Firefox | Morguefile

Member #
    Thanks a bunch!!! Both of those suggestions work wonderfully!!! One last quick question, if I may - is either of those approaches going to be backwards compatible with more browsers???
    ~ mikeycorn
    With over 72,000 questions worth of user submitted quizzes, it's the world's most popular quiz creation software:

Member #
    As far as I know, they are both compatible to the same extent as they are both part of CSS. I may be wrong however!
    justlivyalife - The future depends on what we do in the present. (Mahatma Gandhi)
    WDF Resources: WDF Rules
    Non-WDF: JavascriptSource | Dynamic Drive | phpBB | HTML-Kit | Winamp | Download Firefox | Morguefile

Member #
    Thanks a bunch, Livya!
    ~ mikeycorn

Remove Ads