Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    i'm using blogger to build my page and i'm attempting to hack the template code. i know something like this:h2.date is for headlines in the class date but what is something like .post?

also what is something like #footer p? can't you just make it p.footer

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    You need to be more specific in what software you're using if you're trying to modify its appearance or functionality. # is used for specifying an ID rather than a CSS class; the difference in terms of CSS being that an ID can exist only once in a document whereas a class can exist any number of times.

Also, you must remove the referral link from your signature immediately as per the forum rules to which you agreed when you registered.
    filburt1, Web Design Forums.net founder
    Site of the Month contest: submit your site or vote for the winner!

Member #
    #footer p is just easier to work with. In this way when you declare <div id="footer"> you don't need to declare <p class="footer"> each time you use the <p> tag, as you would if you used p.footer. You would simply be able to use a plain <p> tag inside the footer id.

As to the .post, that's what declares the style of your posts in blogger. Specifically anything but the title, date, and time within each posting. Just the content that you type into the "New Post" thing.

I wouldn't suggest "hacking" the blooger code to make a website, though it can be done (seeing as I've done it myself). If you want help about the specifics of the blogger template, feel free email me at Eddybones05@aol.com.

If you want to make a complete site you could have a site through a normal host and stick your blog in an iframe. That seems to work well, because you can put all your links and everything else in a normal, good-looking layout. It would be much easier than "hacking" the template to get exactly what you want

Remove Ads