Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    I'm not all that new to web design, but I've been wrestling over a simple problem for quite some time and I just can't figure it out.

My website uses a half tabled, half CSS layout. (Pure CSS is a bitch to use because of lack of standards compliancy). I want the table cell where the navigation is located to be 150 px high, no matter how much text is in the content cell. I want the cell below the navigation to grow with the content. It is working in Firefox and mozilla, but I can't get it to work with IE (Windows - I don't know what it looks like on IE Mac. I probably don't want to know, that browser can't display anything correctly ).

Right now, in IE, the navigation cell is extra large, when it should only be 150 px. I have set it to be 150 in both my CSS and my HTML.

Someone please rid me of my WTFage. I'm embarrassed to be having problems with something so simple, but I've tried setting the height with CSS, HTML, and CSS and HTML. It never works. pah.

Thanks,

EmoOnline
    Want cool gradient effects in your posts? Then head over to the Gradient Creator and get your gradient today!

Member #
    So do you want the green td to stretch then? If so you need to put it's height at 100%. Hmm, you said that didn't work though. So try puting a blank .gif in there with it's height at 100% also. That's what I do and it always works for me.
    If you just want the content of the nav at the top of the td you need to put in valign="top" and that can be a quick fix until you can figure out the problem.

Member #
    Yeah, I want the green to stretch. I'll give the blank gif method a try.

Thanks,

EmoOnline

edit- that didn't seem to work. I tried putting a div with 100% height inside of it too
    Want cool gradient effects in your posts? Then head over to the Gradient Creator and get your gradient today!

Member #
    fixed

I fixed the problem, thanks.

EmoOnline

Remove Ads