Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    After running into an issue with my previous design, I decided to rebuild it from the ground up, and it's working so far... except for a very odd problem with the footer.

In any browser except for IE 6.0, strangely, the footer has a tendency for appearing at the top under the header image, even though there is no positioning specified for the footer, and it's CSS clear attribute is set to none.

http://www.fullmanator.com/journal

The footer is a standalone table, that is the last thing to be rendered on the page, the last thing in the source code.

The problem, however, does work itself out when there is content inside the main content's DIV tag pushing everything down, simply go to an entry or category using the drop down menus on the right sidebar.

The page is 100% compliant and validated to HTML 4.01 as shown at the current build (as of 1:00am on Sunday, October 1st, 2004)
    http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=ht...l%2F;verbose=1

Any help would be greately appreciated. Thanks!

Member #
    I take it you fixed it? Looks the same to me in IE6, Firefox 1 RC 1, and Opera 7.53.

Member #
    Hehe, yeah, I changed the main content container (div) into a table, and it popped to the bottom.

Not what I really wanted to do, but hey, it works now.

Remove Ads