Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hi,

I was under impression that CSS is the way to resolve browser and platform inconsistency. Is it true or not?

I used CSS and HTML for my online resume and it looks different in IE5, Netscape7 and Safari. The difference is between how much white space is between "Knowledge of blah-blah-blah-blah-blah:", skills colomns and "WORK EXPERIENCE" (please refer to the atached code). Is it something wrong with my code or this is something that can't be avoided?

Thank you in advance for help.
    Marina

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    They're not the same. padding and margins are treated differently, and look to be what are causing your problems. nesting elements with padding / margins usually solves the issue for me.

Member #
    Could you be more specific?

I used margins only for <body> tag. It should affect all code inside of <body></body>, so it should not be a problem.

I used padding only with .jobtitle class to make a gray color background to be bigger then text height. Is there any other way to do it?

Thanks again

Member #
    Google the words Box Model Hack and study up on all of the hacks.. CSS wasn't created to fix browser inconsistancies.. It was created to seperate content from design.. Some browsers read CSS and HTML in different ways.. Borders.. Padding/Margin... and children.. It's pretty complicated stuff but I suggestyou learn it..
    www.controlalternate.com - Web resources and free templates. www.chaosconcepts.net - Custom web and graphic design.
    www.blog.chaosconcepts.net - My Blog

Member #
    <p> has its own default padding/margins it appears. Define specific padding and margin values for <p> in your style settings and see if that makes a difference.

Remove Ads