Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    The thing is that i made a small online gallery of my surf pics with adobe psp,www.zone.ee/surfon and now i'd like to make a homepage for myself and that the gallery would just be a link in this page. The idea of the page is that there is a background pic and on the pic there are transparent rectangles where to put in text and links and stuff. But i also want to put there a shoutbox. I have a user in www.myshoutbox.com and i got the code from there too, but when i copy the code to dreamweaver and into the html code window, then however i try it just wont go on/into the picture, let alone the transparent box i have for it. so the question is that what do i need to do to get the shoutbox into/onto the pic and into the tr. box?

P.S. I'm absolutely new to web design and i dont know practically anything :cheeky:. I put the pic that i have in mind to the index page for you to see better what i mean . So any help with placing the code of the shoutbox or smthn please?

edit: and also how could i make the background pic fill the window, bot with white borders, st and not make it a pic what you can right-click on and save to your pc..please?

Member #
    Whao! Holy-moly! The HTML syntax on your splash page is really out of order.

This is the order that HTML tags should go:
    <html>
    <head>
    <title></title>
    </head>
    <body>
    </body>
    </html>

They always go in that order, so you may want to change yours before you do anything else.

If you want the image to fill the window without the white borders you need your <body> tag to say this: <body topmargin="0" leftmargin="0">

The only way to make it so a person can't right-click and take the image is to disable the right-click ability all together. That's not a good idea - too grating on the nerves of users. I suppose you could cover the whole area with a blank .gif, but it's not really worth the trouble. There are too many ways for a person to get an image online, it's basically impossible to stop them if they really want it. If you don't want images taken, the best idea is to keep them off the internet.

Member #
    Thanks, I'll change the order of the syntaxes, but what about the html code for the shoutbox? what do i have to do with it to get it in the box on the left?
    edit: i changed the order of the syntaxes but then it highlights the <head> tag and <body leftmargin="0" and so on yellow which should mean thats invalid.
    I suppose that i need to put <body bottommargin="0" rightmargin="0" too ?

Member #
    i got rid on the invalid sign on the margin tags. Uhh, its hard..
    but still, how could i get the shoutbox to the right place?

Remove Ads