Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: iframes

Member #
    this is probably a n00b question but i was wondering how i can make my iframe in the box area of my website...i know how to put it in but w/ diff resolutions it causes the iframe to move around....what do i do...Ineed help!!!ahhhhhhh

my site

Chris

Member #
    I would recommend laying your page out in a table...in the top cell put a banner, and in the bottom row make two cells: one for your navigation, and another cell for your iframe. In this cell, put only your iframe. Also, to keep your site looking consistent across different resolutions, specify your table widths in pixels, not percent. On an 800x600 res, you can go as wide as approximately 770-780 pixes w/o scrolling. (the horizontal scroll bar takes up 20 pixels, but I have seen some people comment that 780 pixels also makes the page scroll vertically.) Play around with it, here is some sample code that i suggest to get you started:
    Code:
    <table width="700" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
      <tr> 
        <td colspan="2">Banner</td>
      </tr>
      <tr> 
        <td>Nav</td>
        <td>Iframe</td>
      </tr>
    </table>
    Enjoy!

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    ummm please don't say that you are paying geocities to host your site.. please say the ads are defeated with tags.

use tables for sure... check out the html source from the linked site in my sig. you can create tables within tables to stabalize everything. my site can be shrunk and the images will never move, "skew", or distort. yeah!

edit: are you wanting to use an iframe for a way to just pull the news from a php file?
    Cheers, zionlocke :chinese:
    Links: Zion Creation | Blog

Member #
    Another comment about your site: a general rule of thumb when using background music on a webpage: ALWAYS include an on/off button, so users can turn it off while browsing your site. If you don't include an on/off button, the on/off button will become the X in the top right corner: they'll leave your page.

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    especially when people like old people hate music like that... forgive me adults I'm still a teen. old people heh

edit: in fact have the on/off but start with it off
    Cheers, zionlocke :chinese:
    Links: Zion Creation | Blog

Remove Ads