Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hello, everyone, I'm new to the forum, but you guys seem very helpful. Hope you can help...

Hi, I work for a University, and each member of staff have their own home account (or filestore). These are all located on a Windows 2000 Server. I have setup a site in IIS to share all of the users folder, and added NTFS security, so they are asked to login with their staff userID and password. When they click on a folder, it performs a check - If the user has rights, then they can see the files within the folder, if they dont, then they are shown an unathorization page. What I want to do is create a HTML page which has a textbox on it and they have to type their userid in the box. The webpage will then re-direct the user to:

http://www.myservername/whatever_the...in_the_textbox

Is this possible or do I need ASP or Java? I want to keep it as basic and as simple as possible.

Thanks
    Phil

Member #
    ASP or PHP would be needed. Java is for web applets, so that's not close to what you want. You may have been thinking JavaScript, but that would offer no security and it's just tacky.

Member #
    Liked
    138 times
    if it's directly linked to the IIS permissions, then I'd guess ASP.
    The Rules
    Was another WDF member's post helpful? Click the like button below the post.

Admin at houseofhelp.com

Remove Ads