Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hey guys, I have a little problem with one of the pages on my website. See my entire layout is made up in CSS, due to this the background color of my website is black. It then has a div for the content over it, which has a background color of white. If on one of the pages, I don't have much visible content, I used spacers (also div elements) to stretch out the content div and not distort my layout. This works quite well for, although I'm not sure how some pro designers might feel about it.

Anyhow, I added a search function (finally), and the result are generated by a Perl script and loaded into a template. Since the results vary from search query to search query this at times means the results page will be to short and distort my layout. To see what I'm talking about, try this:

Go to http://www.infinite-style.com, first do a search for k-beta and see where the white content ends and where the footer begins. Then do a search for Thundercats and see where the content should end.

I was looking at the W3 schools CSS reference and saw the "height-min" syntax, if I recall correctly I had tried this and had many problems with it. If I remember correctly it didn't expand if the content exceeded the minimum height. Have browsers learned how to handle this better as of late. Will it allow the content DIV to stretch if the content exceeds the minimum height?

Are there any better methods you guys can recommend?

Thanks in advance

Mike

Member #
    I think its "min-height" not the other way around. I haven't used it much so I can't tell you how well it works.

Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    it's min-height alright lol
    [a web design portfolio - Currently NOT AVAILABLE for work | web design | Re-coding | PSD-to-HTML]
    I'm also on: virb - facebook - twitter - flickr - del.icio.us

Member #
    Mozilla handles min-height's correctly, but IE doesn't understand that.. You have to set the height for IE.. there is no way to have them both work fine, until recently..
    http://www.mezzoblue.com/archives/20...t_fi/index.php
    This is a good method to get the result you want.. Up intil this came out I used PHP variables to figure out the height for each site dynamically.. Hope that article helps..
    www.controlalternate.com - Web resources and free templates. www.chaosconcepts.net - Custom web and graphic design.
    www.blog.chaosconcepts.net - My Blog

Member #
    Physt that seems to be exactly what I was looking for, thanks for the link

Remove Ads