Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    hear is my site in the attached file. I really need help when i did the pic and stuff everything ends up on the left side with the background in the middle. how do i make the layers stay where they are supposed to be!

i was told to do this stuff:
    nstead of using a table to create the colour you can use a vertically repeating background image. (see attached image: 'repeater.gif')

Add the addional CSS code to your page(s).

Code:

html, body {

background: #cc9933 url('images/repeater.gif') repeat-y 50%;

text-align: center;
    margin: 0;
    padding: 0;

}

The reason everything is offset is because you're using Absolute Positioning. If you were to wrap the entrie layout in a pair of <div></div> tags and removed the following: left: xx; from all of the layers, things should begin to fall into plac.

I.E

Code:

#container {

width: 760px;

text-align: left;
    margin: 0 auto;

}

Code:

...<body>
    <div id="container">
    REST OF LAYOUT GOES HERE.
    </div>
    </body>...

On another note, I noticed the width of the layout is too big, you should aim to acomodate the default resolution 8*6 by using a width of 760 pixels or below... this allows for the brwoser scrollbars.

hear is my web site

Remove Ads