Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: Resize to Res

Member #
    hey, for the webpage im making i did it completely on PS, then cut it up in imageready and outputed the HTML and pictures. it works fine, but i want the page to resize properly to a persons resolutions, image ready doesnt have an option for using %'s rahter than pixels, so how do i get it to do this?

thanks, a picture of the unsliced layout is here if you need it.

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    My suggestion would be to slice it to the left of the right column and to the right of the left column, and then use a table background to fill the space when the browser is resized.
    filburt1, Web Design Forums.net founder
    Site of the Month contest: submit your site or vote for the winner!

Member #
    yea, but how would i do this for the top title bar? cause there is a picture in it, how would i get that picture to resize by res or with the browser window? would i need to change all of the width/height dimensions to %'s for this? and if so is there an easy way to figure out the proper %?

Member #
    http://www.dungeonsiege.com/index.shtml just incase i wasnt being clear on what i was asking, id like it to be like that so it will work for all browser sizes :P thnx

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Well now that I see the background it's going to be much harder. Can somebody else help?
    filburt1, Web Design Forums.net founder
    Site of the Month contest: submit your site or vote for the winner!

JR
    Member #
    you could try making a different banner for different sizes, because stretching it will make it poor quality...

if you do make a banner size for different resolutions you could try a code like this (attached)

This can be modified to include as many different resolutions as you like.

Any probs just post a reply
    JR

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    You may also want to look at using a smaller background that tiles. The only thing you'd have to worry about then is the size of your "Dungeon Siege" portion. Stretching and manipulating an image does pixellate it significantly and thus reduce the quality, as our friendly neighbourhood English gent pointed out.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    yea, i guess ill try the html script and see how it goes, if that doesnt ill see about a diff bg, but i kinda wanna use the one it has atm. still, id think there would be another way. dungeonsiege.com seems to have theirs working fine, anyone know how they managed?

thanks again, ill try to use the script u gave me jravenscroft if nothing else comes up. thanks.

Remove Ads