Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    Hello again its been a while .

Last time you help loads and have made me completely redesign my site as it worked in ie but nothing else, mainly because i was using layers, have now sorted that but am having trouble making my css links work in IE

"if its not one thing its another & another"

I have my css in a seperate sheet and link it correctly as my background and text is styled via it. I use the CSS to style my links to show white text which change red when mouse hover. "Simple stuff" Now this works in my firefox browser my for some reason it does change the standard link color it changes the fact that its not underlined and the size of it but just not the color.

Now obviously if it works in firefox the coding is surely right so why wont it work in IE ?

One extra problem im struggling with which again should be simple but somehow these things drag on for weeks trying to decifer them out for yourself....
    I am trying to have a coloured border around one of my table cells and in firefox it shows as i want it a red 1 pixel border but in IE it shows as 1 pixel red border and a 1 pixel white border i cant work this out.

My site isnt on the net yet as trying to change these few things out before i replace the current site.

Any help or links to guidance would be appreciated.

Member #
    I have just grabbed some of the coding to help show my text problem.

Just to recap my the text in IE will change red when mouse over and is right size but is standard blue color and not white.

This is my table in HTML :

<th width="17%" height="610" valign="top" bgcolor="#000000" scope="col"><div align="left">
    <table width="95%" border="0" align="center">
    <tr>
    <td bgcolor="#0E2897" span class="style1"><a href="index2.htm">Home</a></span></td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <td bgcolor="#0E2897"><a href="properties.htm">Properties</a></td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <td bgcolor="#0E2897"><a href="Villas.htm">Villas</a></td>
    </tr>
    </table>

This is all of my CSS :

body
    {
    background-color: #000000;
    color: #ffffff;
    font: 11px geneva, arial, helvetica, sans-serif;
    margin: 0px 0px 0px 0px;
    }

.style1 a:link {
    color: #FFFFFF;
    text-decoration: none;
    }
    .style1 a:hover {
    color: #FF0000;
    }
    .style1 a:visited {
    }
    .style1 a:active {
    color: #CCCCCC;
    }
    .style1 a {
    font-size: 10px;
    }

Member #
    sorry forgot to mention that i know the style will only be applied to first link "Home" as havent added span class to other links yet.

Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    change the order of your links in your css... should be LoVe HAte

Code:
    .style1 a {
    font-size: 10px;
    }

.style1 a:link {
    color: #FFFFFF;
    }

.style1 a:visited {
    }

.style1 a:hover {
    color: #FF0000;
    }

.style1 a:active {
    color: #CCCCCC;
    }
    [a web design portfolio - Currently NOT AVAILABLE for work | web design | Re-coding | PSD-to-HTML]
    I'm also on: virb - facebook - twitter - flickr - del.icio.us

Member #
    cool thanks for that ill try it now

Member #
    Tried it and didn't make any difference !

Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    you got a link we can check?
    [a web design portfolio - Currently NOT AVAILABLE for work | web design | Re-coding | PSD-to-HTML]
    I'm also on: virb - facebook - twitter - flickr - del.icio.us

Member #
    Yes just uploaded a page so hopefully you guys can see what im playing at .

http://www.kibris-construction.com/newpage.htm

I have only changed the style of the first Home link at the moment and will change the rest soon, just trying to get it working first. The other thing you can see on this page is the border around the text box, i cant figure out how they work as showing now as white 1 px border but all i want is a 1 px red border. " i think cant check on this computer that it shows red in IE ".

Question are borders plain html coding if so why would it change from browser to browser how it looks, i didn't think html was different.

I started changing these links after reading that javascript links dont help in making my site rank well and i have ended up revamping the whole again which isnt a bad think but being quite a new guy at this it takes ages especially when im come across hurdle after hurdle.

:disappointed:

Member #
    I haven't read this thread or anything.. Just part of the last post.. And I must say.. THAT TEXT IS UNREADABLE.. I almost went blind trying to read it.. Just a suggestion, but it might be a good idea to change it.. I will look this thread over and try to answer your question now
    www.controlalternate.com - Web resources and free templates. www.chaosconcepts.net - Custom web and graphic design.
    www.blog.chaosconcepts.net - My Blog

Member #
    I know the text for the links on the right is bad and thats what im trying to sort but i have only applied my css style to the first link Home .
    As they are all in seperate cell/tables will i have to apply code to each link or can i span all the links ?

If your not talking about that text and the text in the paragraph then i think you need glasses !

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads