Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hi, I'm trying to make a site that I want to be very safe.

I've got a page for a submit form, BUT on the form, I want no user-input - all I want is for there to be:

Type of Submission [dropdown box]
    Length [radio buttons - short, medium, long]
    File uploader [file uploader]
    Submit button [Button]

And the Submit button emails the two fields and the attached file to the address specified. This cuts out any user input, thus blocking the possibility of hacking the site by dropping Java or SQL etc in (I don't know anything about that though...*shifty glances*)

You probably don't understand me, or I've got this in the wrong place, to please post any questions.

I'm going to sleep now, then in the morning I gotta see my G/F, so I might not reply for a while. If people start speculating as to what I mean, don't take anything for granted until I'm back.

If you need to fill in sample values for the dropdown box or whatever, just use 1,2,3,4,5 or www.website.com and tell me that I need to change it.

In short, I'm trying to get the user to email a file to me.

Thanks!

Remove Ads