Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Is anybody aware of any tactics to get text to wrap around an image in similar fashion to a "path" in desktop publishing? (In other words, wrap in some manner other than just around the rectangular content box).

I am thinking, something like using a complex set of coords to define a shape, giving the image itself a lower z-index than everything else, and then having the text display over the image and wrap around the coord-specified shape. (Does any of that make sense?)

Is any of that possible?
    futureal@rctech.net | R/C Tech

Member #
    So you want it to curve? If you want it to curve you can take the image you want it to wrap around.. Cut it up into a few images.. Each one as wide as where the curve is.. So like the first image would be 40 pixels wide.. then 60.. then 80.. then 100 etc.. You would give each image a class like "floatright" .. Add float: right; to the .floatright class, in the stylesheet..

Then just put text next to it and it should automatically control the look to seem like it's curving around.. If this isn't what you meant, or if this didn't work like I said than just tell me.. I will get the exact code for you..
    www.controlalternate.com - Web resources and free templates. www.chaosconcepts.net - Custom web and graphic design.
    www.blog.chaosconcepts.net - My Blog

Member #
    If I understand correctly, you want something like this?

Member #
    Yea, that will work nicely, thanks guys.

However, I tried this method:
    IMG.whatever { float: right; clear: right; }

And it works in IE, but not in Mozilla. The text flows over the images in Mozilla.

You can see what I was trying to create here: http://www.rctech.net/reviews/review...futureal.shtml

I will mess around with it a bit and see if I can figure out what I'm doing wrong.

Member #
    Actually, the behavior is just downright weird for me in Firefox right now.

When I load the page the first time, the text is overlaid over the image, but if I do a refresh (F5) it fixes itself. If I do a Ctrl-F5 refresh (which, to my knowledge, bypasses the cache and pulls straight from the server) it goes back to being messed up.

Any ideas what that could be?

Member #
    Text wrap tutorial using CSS.
    http://www.bigbaer.com/css_tutorials....text.wrap.htm

(I've never actually used it so you'll have to post up how successful it is if you use it.)

Member #
    Liked
    138 times
    The Rules
    Was another WDF member's post helpful? Click the like button below the post.

Admin at houseofhelp.com

Remove Ads