Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    The layout in question: New Company Layout

There should be a background image repeating showing about 14px worth of a border on each side. You can see it in either IE or Opera the way it's supposed to be. I've added the CSS to the header of the page itself for ease of view. #content_holder is the div in question.

Well, while we're at it, can someone help me get the top-border on the links (the blue one when you mouse over them) to be flush up against the edge of the white in FF also? Again it's fine in IE/Opera, but not FF.

Thanks in advance for any help. I'm not a CSS expert yet, but I'm getting there. Couldn't do it without you all.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Well.... for starters, it doens't work in IE and Opera It doesn't work at all. The reason is there's nothing in the div effectively! The only element that's in content_holder is a floated element... you need some text in there for it to repeat.
    Kyle Neath: Rockstar extraordinare
    The blog | The poetry site | The Spore site

Member #
    Thanks for the quick reply. I'll have to build a bit more of the site for it to work right then.

I'm not sure why, but it does work in IE and Opera on the computer I'm developing on, but that might be beacuse they're older versions, I dunno...

Member #
    Alright, now it should work. Here's the link again: New Company Layout

I still would like to know what I can do about the nav links. Is there something I can do to get the blue "overline" on the contact rollover to touch the black border in Firefox just like it does in IE?

Remove Ads