Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Ok here's the gist of it - I have an idea for an ezine I would like to try out but I'm not too sure how to go about it. Basically most ezines I like are pdf's but I find acrobat a bit of a hassle and the files are often large downloads.

I'd like to make something that resembles a magazine but in html - the problem I face is making it look good and having it readable both when printed and when viewed on screen.

Here's my first rough
    http://sam.happyhour.co.nz/cult/test.html

Not after crits on that yet as it is rough and mainly playing with the concept. Problem is when printed on an A4 that text is way too bigbut making it any smaller would make it hard to read - especially for high resolution users. I got that size from opening an A4 size image in photoshop at 72dpi and seeing what the image size was.

I'm just wondering if there were any tricks for getting around this problem?

Also how I have that in columns at the moment I was thinking of somehow making it break up the columns on a mobile device and placing them top to bottom instead of side to side. Any suggestions here also?

Thanks in advance
    Nothing to see here

Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    create a style sheet (css) for a print only format
    [a web design portfolio - Currently NOT AVAILABLE for work | web design | Re-coding | PSD-to-HTML]
    I'm also on: virb - facebook - twitter - flickr - del.icio.us

Member #
    Ditto what karinne said. This way, when you click on "printable format" your margins, font size & style, and even images can change to make it printer-friendly.
    Shani

I have an eye for detail like you'd never believe.

Member #
    Wow sounds good I'll have to google that. Means I can up my wordcount and it doesn;t have to print out the same size as on the screen.
    Nothing to see here

Member #
    A good article on print stylesheets can be found over at A List Apart

Remove Ads