Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Ok so i am a little bit of a newb to the website design so i do not know much. The thing i was wondering is how you specify the size that your website is going to be like if you make 640 x 480 its gonna look crappy on a 1024 x 768 and resoulution. So what im wondering is how you actually fix this. I usually just use frames and layers in dreamweaver to design my site and i dont really code well. If anybody has any kind of help, suggestions, or answers it would be greatly appreciated.

I also included a pic of what i dont want. I just want to be able to view my site in any browser in any resolution without everyhtinggetting messesd up... i dont want any scrollbars in IE. Sorry if i dont know what im talking about re

Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images

JR
    Member #
    could you please post your code so i can take a look?
    JR

Banned
    Member #
    You have 2 options... either design your site at 770x500 so it fits all or produce a liquid layout using CSS-P... but since as you mentioned you're not that advanced i would suggest just using the former.

there's really no way to tell your site how to act on different resolutions with to fit exactly the way you want it..

P.S... I guess there might be a way to do it with javascript but I've never tried it so don't quote me on it

Member #
    Heres the code

Well when i went to the code view i saw the lenght and width of the image so i suppose i could use that instead of doing it in dreamweaver design format. heres the code anyway anybody wants to take a look.

JR
    Member #
    JR

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    If you specify a width on a table greater than 100%, it will always put a scrollbar at the bottom of your site, because the table will always be slightly greater than the window's width.

Member #
    Ok thanks for all the help once i get some time im gonna test all this stuff out. Thanks again

Remove Ads