Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    If anyone could take a stab at this problem, it'd be much appreciated. I currently am working on an image gallery, and the problem I have stems from images taken with the camera sideways, i.e. 600x800 rather than 800x600. I would like to have the borders of the thumbnails automatically shrink to fit the image they contain.

To view the problem, click here

Another problem that has arisen with the introduction of "vertical" pictures, as you'll see, is the odd layout that has occurred. This is an easy fix, but I'm about to go to class, so sorry for the nasty layout

- Chris
    -----------------------------------------------
    I know just enough to be dangerous to myself and others around me... I'm more of a CSS kamikaze than a CSS ninja...

Member #
    Oh, by the way, I designed/assisted in the design of those fish tanks. Pretty sweet, eh! That's a fun job
    I know just enough to be dangerous to myself and others around me... I'm more of a CSS kamikaze than a CSS ninja...

Member #
    Another problem that has arisen with the introduction of "vertical" pictures, as you'll see, is the odd layout that has occurred. This is an easy fix, but I'm about to go to class, so sorry for the nasty layout
    Ok, I lied. I Can't figure this one out either. if you go to the gallery with Firefox and use the web developer tools to look at the CSS, you'll see that the content div and the rows divs are all up at the top as if they contained nothing... but all the pictures are actually inside them. any ideas here?

It seems the divs are shrinking to the smallest possible size, even smaller than their contents. confusing.

Thanks - Chris

Remove Ads