Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

mia
    Member #
    how do you place a table of text on top of a centered image? that is to say by not using div codes because the image is centered on my page so when you resize the window, the image moves to the centre. Once the window is resized, the div text would be in a different position to where it was meant to be on the image. How do i make it so the text stays on top of the image however you resize the window?

please help! thanks heaps!!

mia
    Member #
    <EDIT> I've just worked it out, but rather than placing text over the image, how do you put another image on top of that image? (thanks!) </EDIT>

mia
    Member #
    actually i cant do either. something went wrong =\ apologies! can someone help me with adding the text + image on top of another image? i want to have this other image hyperlinked which is why i cant just use photoshop.. thankss

Member #
    There are multiple ways you can do this
    one is here: http://css.somepeople.net/zindex
    Another is called super imposed text, which can be done in both CSS and HTML, google it.
    I had this on my site too. You can use absolute positoning to position the text/image over the other image. You may have to set what is on bottom to "background-image"

Member #
    Or you could just use photoshop, and then make an image map.

Remove Ads